Friday, October 23, 2009

What a Strong Boy

We have raised $5,000 in a very short amount of time. This Sunday will mark the eighth week that we have been fundraising.

When I read F I V E tthousand dollars, I get tears in my eyes... in fact I have them right now. This is not just any dollar amount, this is the beginning stage of a very exciting time in our lives. This is Coopers Dog...did I jut say that, I still can't believe it...Coopers Dog. This means Cooper can go to school, this means Cooper will be safer then he has ever been, this means Cooper may never experience an anaphylactic shock again, this means SO much... more than words can say!

Yesterday Cooper went to see his Allergist for some testing. We want to make sure he has no new food allergies. Cooper has had two very mild reactions in the past month, and want to be certain that he has not developed any new allergens. Once we have the results we can notify Angel Service Dogs, and the dog can be trained for Coopers exact needs.

Yesterday my son sat happily on my lap, sucking his sucker while having blood drawn from his arm. He was in complete awww and fascinated with what was going on... the gauze, the needle, blood, tubes, veins, and with what ever else was happening. I totally thought he was going to cry, but he was strong did not shed a tear.

Soon, We will know more details about Coopers Dog. It is a long process and I am hoping we will have some solid answers with in the next four weeks. We have a few more things to get in order before we can do so.

Thank you so much for every ones help, support and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment