Tuesday, August 25, 2009

KSBY Came To Our House Today

Today was a very exciting day, we were visited by Melissa Mecija and Jason (camera man) from KSBY News. They came into our home, and did an interview with Cooper about his food allergies. Cooper was very excited to talk about his dog, and his conditons. I think he was even more excited to play with Jason's Camera, and look at the microphones. Jason and Cooper played a long time with "Big Boy" Wallie while John and I were being interviewed.

It was a very special day for us, not only in hopes to reaching our goal, but to raise awareness on life threatening allergies, that 18% of children suffer from.

Another GREAT thing that happened today, was Cool Hand Luke's in Santa Maria called to inform us, that they have arranged a dedication night for Cooper's Benefit. This event will be held on September 8th from 5-8pm, and 10% of the customers bill will be donated to Coopers Fund.

We hope to see you on September 8th at Cool Hand Luke's, and we will keep you informed of all the upcoming events.

A big Thank You to Melissa, Jason and KSBY News for taking our story!

4 comments:

  1. I made a small donation in hopes that Cooper will get his dog. I forwarded to many co-workers and friends and them to do the same and if unable to at least forward the email to as many people as possible.

    I lived and worked in Lomoc for many years, though I know reside in Bakersfield. I worked for the YMCA and once had a student with a severe peanut allergy. I'd never met anyone prior to him with such severity and was unaware of the serviousness until then. He'd been brought from the brink of death many times over. Eventually he had to leave school altogether. Just peanut butter nearby would send him into anaphalactic shock. I wish the Giron family abundant blessings and hugs to you, little Cooper. I hope you believe in God, because with him all things are possible. Take care, Leigh-Ann Toran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh,
    Thank you so much for your contribution. I never knew how serious food allergies were until Cooper was diagnosed. I feel for the young boy you worked with. I wonder how he is doing today..For all the reasons that you know, this is why we are trying to get Cooper his dog..we dont want him to be "brought from the brink of death" ever again, and most importantly we don't want him to not go to school. He is such a fun, loving free spirted kid, and his life already has so many restrictions on it, we don't want any more.

    How did you hear about Cooper, if you live in Bakersfield? I think that is so cool.

    Thank you so much for your kinds words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the video? I saw the images of the footage, but could not find the video?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chcuk- It looks like the video has been deleated for some reason, I will have to call KSBY.

    Thank you for pointing that out to me!

    ReplyDelete